Divorce Modifications

Divorce Modifications Attorney in Leesburg

Make Changes to Your Divorce Order

Divorce is never easy, even when everything seems to be done. Sometimes, situations arise that cause decisions, agreements, and prior court orders to be revisited and modified.

For example, after a marriage has been over for a while, family members may realize that the original stipulation of settlement, separation agreement, prior custody order, or prior child support order is no longer appropriate in the way it once was before. There are a number of circumstances that can happen over time that require legal modification to an agreement that has become outdated.

Leesburg divorce attorney Jody L. Fisher can help you make the necessary modifications so that the time after your divorce is beneficial to you, your family, and your children.

Contact us online or call (352) 503-4111 to get started.

Handling Modifications Professionally

Time creates change, which can require modification to previous agreements or court orders, such as those established in child custody. Whether you have been divorced for many years or just a few months, and whether the dissolution of the marriage happened as a result of a contested divorce battle or an uncontested one, you will need an experienced attorney to help you make post-divorce modifications.

Attorney Fisher can make sure that the changes that happen do not negatively impact you or your children. Our firm is experienced in all areas of divorce and family law, particularly those concerning child custody, parental visitation, and child support modifications. Our Leesburg divorce attorney can help before, during, and after your marriage’s dissolution to litigate your modification application and protect you and your family’s best interests.

Understanding Divorce Modifications

After a divorce settlement is finalized, circumstances may change that require modifications to the original agreement. Whether it's a change in income, relocation, or a need to modify child custody arrangements, it's important to have a knowledgeable attorney on your side to navigate the legal process.

At Law Office of Jody L. Fisher, our experienced family law attorneys can assist you with:

  • Modifying child support or alimony agreements
  • Changing child custody arrangements
  • Relocating with children after a divorce
  • Modifying visitation schedules

Our team understands the complexities of family law and will work diligently to ensure that your rights and the best interests of your family are protected. Contact us today to discuss your divorce modification needs and how we can help you navigate the legal process.

Count on the Law Office of Jody L. Fisher

Attorney Jody L. Fisher is here to help with modifications of your former agreements, judgments, and prior court orders. Our firm offers compassionate legal counsel and top-notch aggressive courtroom litigation. We will work hard to ensure that you get the modifications you need to have a successful aftermath of your divorce.

Give us a call at (352) 503-4111 today.


Commonly Asked Questions

Can modifications be made to child custody and visitation agreements?

Yes, modifications can be made to child custody and visitation agreements if there has been a significant change in circumstances that affect the well-being of the child.

What is the process for seeking post-divorce modifications?

The process for seeking post-divorce modifications typically involves filing a petition with the court, providing evidence of the change in circumstances, and attending a hearing to present the case.

How can a family law attorney help with post-divorce modifications?

A family law attorney can provide legal guidance, assist in gathering evidence, negotiate with the other party, and represent you in court to seek the necessary modifications to the divorce agreement.

What factors are considered when seeking modifications to child support?

Factors such as changes in income, changes in the child's needs, medical expenses, or educational expenses may be considered when seeking modifications to child support.

Contact Us Today

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.
  • By submitting, you agree to be contacted about your request & other information using automated technology. Message frequency varies. Msg & data rates may apply. Text STOP to cancel. Acceptable Use Policy